A Virtual Letter From Hester Piozzi to Her Husband

Please deliver to my most beloved husband and friend, Gabriel Piozzi
New Royal-Ducal Theatre alla Scala


29 November, 1784

Dearest Gabriel, I have come as far as Genoa and find myself too tired to continue the journey to Milan.  It is impossible for me to arrive in time for your Egisto.  I do apologize most grievously, Husband.  If I were more well, I would certainly be at your side and in the audience in Milan this week.  As things stand, I will take a few days here in Genoa and hope that my vigor is revived in time to join you for the trip from Milan to Rome. 

I will not say more now as I wish to post this note in time for you to see it before your premier.  Just know that all is well and I shall be at your side as soon as that is possible.  In the mean time, I think of you and yearn for your embrace. 

Yours, As Always and Ever, Hester

Click here to read more from Hester Lynch Thrale Piozzi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Piozzi Requests The Pleasure of Your Company

Live Literature at The Haven: Can a Meany Learn Friendship?