A New Poem, Created In Second Life

 Each Monday in SL, I lead a 45-minute workshop on creating short-form poetry.  We Play with our words, individually and as a group.  In the process, we learn the simplicity and complexity of short poetic forms.  In the past, we've looked, limerick, epitaph, tanka, haiku. and couplet, to name a few.  This past Monday, we created Sijo.  Below is one  sijo I wrote during that lesson.  

Join us any Monday at 10 AM SLT at Freda's in Second Life. Click on this link to get the SLURL for the writers' studio.


Don't Ask Me If I Love You (Sijo)

By Stephanie Mesler


Don't ask me if I love you; If you pay attention, you already know.  

Would someone who does not love stay, even when your eyes do not focus and your thoughts stray?  

The thing to ask, will I stay forever-- will I love forever?  


Don't Ask Me If I lLove You (Sijo) is © Stephanie Mesler 2023




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Piozzi Requests The Pleasure of Your Company

Live Literature at The Haven: Can a Meany Learn Friendship?

Live Lit With Freda Frostbite: Escape From Pig Hill