From The Virtual Diary of Fanny Burney -- Fanny in France

23 December 1782

 
I find myself grievously alone in a snow-laden land.  I miss my father, my sisters, Dr. Johnson.  I even miss Mother and that is statement I never expected to write.  I am bereft at spending Christmas so far from those I love, my only solace being that I shall soon see Lorsagne, my truest friend.  It is but a short journey from this place to her Haven.  There, I shall be blanketed in joy and soaked in warmed winter wine!
 
 

Fanny's Virtual Diary and Letters are FICTIONAL.  They are also my sole property.  Fanny Burney's Virtual Diary and Letters are copyright (C) Stephanie Mesler 2014.  You may not republish these virtual diary entries and letters in any form.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Piozzi Requests The Pleasure of Your Company

Live Lit With Freda Frostbite: Escape From Pig Hill